This is a selection of the current vacancies that we are handling for local companies.
We are continually working on new job vacancies in Bedford and surrounding areas therefore even if the jobs on this page are not of interest to you we would be happy to receive your CV. This will enable us to match your experience with new opportunities as they arise.
£22-£25,000 with Comm
Long established, reputable Estate Agents are looking for a Sales Negotiator to join their team
This company have an established well-respected reputation with an already strong portfolio locally. Now looking to implement planned growth have this opportunity for a dynamic and driven Sales Negotiator.
• Responsible for making sure the office systems and administration runs smoothly so extremely organised.
• Generate Leads and Sales opportunities and build on an already established portfolio
• Generate Market Appraisals whilst showing properties
• Vendor care & sales progression
• Sales Negotiation both viewing & feedback
• Well-presented and well spoken
• Dedicated to delivering exceptional standards of service.
• A dynamic person who is passionate about the Property Industry and dedicated to driving business forward and making a difference.
• Strong IT skills are essential.
• Car driver and own car essential
Salary in the region of £22-25,000 with commission
New Role as a marketing assistant within a new and progressive business in Bedford.
Purpose of the role:
Provide Customers (Retailers) with marketing materials and support the sales initiative in order to aid growth. Investigate new channels to grow brand awareness and help boost market share. This will include Amazon for example. The position will liaise with senior management in regard to all aspects of the marketing function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with major supplier to implement marketing objectives against set marketing budget.
• Write and work to an agreed marketing plan.
• Investigate brand development opportunities
• Seek out advertising, PR and social media opportunities.
• Instigate competitions and create ‘blogging opportunities’ to increase brand awareness.
• Control website and use to update /entice consumers.
• Implement and encourage the use of ‘point of sale’ material amongst customers.
• Feedback creative options to increase brand awareness.
• Liaise with Press and publications regarding advertisement.
• Work with sales department to help boost sales.
Candidate: Ideal candidate will be hard working and conscientious with a strong drive to grow brand awareness. There must be a strong ability to communicate well with customers and suppliers as well as being able to investigate opportunities for the company. Role is ideally suited to a marketing graduate. The candidate should be target driven with a proven track record of successfully working to deadlines.
Knowledge: Whilst specific industry knowledge is preferred a background in marketing is essential. An ability to segment the market and discover openings for the products ranges is key. There must be the capability to construct work to an agreed marketing plan and budget whilst also generating new avenues to investigate.
Experience: A degree in Marketing (Or relevant equivalent) is essential. Whilst marketing experience is desired, the ability to demonstrate how to implement knowledge is key .
Please contact a member of the BSS team for more information
City Of London
About the Role
Our client is transforming the way they deliver HR services to their business and this is an exciting time to join an evolving HR function.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver first class HR Services support providing first line HR support to a fast-growing and transformational business. This is a varied role as you will provide HR support on all operational elements from general queries, parental leave, on-boarding, leavers through to references
You will role model HR best practice; establish credibility and trust with stakeholders at all levels; support innovation through advising, informing, challenging and facilitating discussions with the business and HRBP’s in equal measure on a wide range of issues – all in the context of a rapidly evolving and growing business.
We are looking for a motivated, team player with a positive attitude, looking to progress their HR career, working closely with the HR Business Partners, to support transactional and operational changes within the business. The successful candidate will be suited to a fast paced, complex and entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to work with a degree of ambiguity that comes with growth and transformational change.
• Provide a business area focused client experience through the accurate and timely administration of all processes within the employee lifecycle.
• Initiates processes on behalf of the business, including job changes, contingent worker, international and leaver requests.
• Works closely with colleagues to drive consistency across the business, improve processes and gain efficiencies.
• Works with the Recruitment team to ensure the applicant through to new starter process is managed efficiently and provides a great candidate experience.
• Runs and analyses data to provide valuable business insight, including but not limited to absence management, performance objective, milestone and headcount reports,
• Validates data, ensures job details are correct, such as roles, teams and cost centres.
• Works within GDPR guidelines, managing people data requests and the confidentiality of data.
• Supports the business with any Workday training needs, promoting self service capability.
• Attends employee relation meetings, to take notes and circulate actions.
• Welcomes new starters to the business and proactively supports induction and introduction sessions.
• Completes exit interviews with leavers, managing insights and feedback as required.
• Supports the annual compensation review process, restructures, acquisitions and other HR related business activity and projects.
• Responsible for follow up actions and ongoing enquiries, ensuing processes are completed to a high standard and in time for payroll cutoff.
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
• Delivery focused and able to demonstrate putting client experience first.
• Generalist HR experience and knowledge, in a fast paced, complex or transformational business.
• Works well under pressure, managing conflicting demands and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work well independently with confidence.
• Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solver with resilience, initiative and ability to challenge the status quo.
• Smart pragmatic and positive approach, able to build trust and offer proactive solutions.
• Workday and HR Shared Services experience desirable.
Salary - £23,000 - £25,000
Opportunity to work within the Finance team within this fast moving, prestigious engineering business in Bedford. Responsibilities summarised as follows:
• Management of the Purchase Ledger, including:
o Supplier account creation
o Invoices and authorisation
o Payment runs and ad-hoc payments
o Invoices and authorisation
o CIS verification with HMRC
o CIS deductions and statements
o Project costing
• Credit cards
o Project/nominal costing
• Sales ledger
o Raising of customer care invoices
o Posting and allocation
o Credit control
• Management Reports
o Project transaction reports
o Overhead budget reporting
o Retention reports
o Creditors and debtors reports
o Cost analysis and transactions
o Hire costs
o Query report
o Reporting to the Directors
o Transfer and allocation to Sage
o BACS/CHAPS payments
• Sage 200
o Assigning of budgets
o Cost transfers and journals
o Nominal ledger
• Hudson payroll
o Payroll processing
o Cost allocation
o Lump sum payment
• Salaried Payroll
o Cost allocation
Deductions from subcontractors
Remittances, vouchers and statements
HMRC return via Sage
£28,000 - £30,000
A mixed and varied role in an accounts department of covering both Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable which may include and not limited to the following:
Reconciling supplier statements
Posting Direct Debit payments
Posing invoices/credit notes
Issuing Purchase Orders
New customer registration forms
Customer credit checks
Closing and maintaining old accounts
Salary - £28,000 - £30,000
Based in Hemel Hempstead
Trainee Accounts Assistant
Fantastic opportunity to train and develop within the accounts department of a National Insurance Broker
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Develop strong relationships with the Business Units, Suppliers & Markets
• Respond to the Business Units’ requirements as appropriate
• Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
• Assist with reviewing and processing of IBA payment requests
• Ensure all manual payment requests are recorded on the IBA reconciliation system
• Ensure all claim payment requests are forwarded to cashiers within agreed timeframe
• Forward IBA settlements to cashiers within agreed timeframe
• Resolve queries promptly and efficiently, in a courteous and efficient manner consistent with agreed Service Level timeframes
• Assist with processing of relevant entries onto Group company IBA systems
• Assist with the reconciliation of accounts to markets and clients, as required
• Ensure Notice of Cancellation letters received directly from insurers are forwarded to relevant departments, so that they can action, as appropriate
• Promptly bring to the attention of management any issues that may have a detrimental effect on the department or Company as a whole
• Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems for the department and that information is appropriately filed
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
• Client focused
• Strong written and face to face communication skills
• Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Focus on achieving results
• Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the industry regulator
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience not essential, training will be given. However, preference will be given to applicants who have some experience of working in an office environment in an administrative capacity, ideally with numerical information
• It will be an advantage if the applicant has an understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market
• GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English essential (to Grade C)
Additional Job Details
Salary - £22,000
Business System Analyst
Do you have a a passion for working within a fast moving IT team. A Global Insurance Business with an enviable reputation are looking to expand the team;
Business Systems Support Analyst / Business Systems Administrator
• Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
• Deliver a personal performance that contributes towards the Operating Entity achieving its objectives
• Manages assigned projects and contributes to other projects as required
• Provides relevant management information to senior managers
• To provide advice and support to the business for current applications
• As part of the team, investigate, analyse and prioritise incidents and service requests for business systems
• Investigation and resolution in a timely manner of any issues which arise
• Conduct routine and ad-hoc system housekeeping duties
• Ensure good communication with Business Systems Support Manager, IS Systems Manager and other colleagues as appropriate
• Provide support for Market systems
• Develop a good working knowledge of Broking systems
• Keep up-to-date with system enhancements and changes
• Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• To be involved with projects and other ad-hoc tasks when required
• Provide assistance with User Application Testing for software upgrades and patching
• Knowledge of Global XB / Sector advantageous but not essential
• Salesforce knowledge would be beneficial
• Experience in a similar support or systems administration role essential
• Basic knowledge of insurance
• Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements within the world of insurance
• ITIL experience
Contact a member of the BSS team for more info
City of London
£28,000 - £30,000
Fancy being the first impression in an exciting Global Insurance Broker in the City Of London:
To ensure all three of the reception areas are maintained to high standard at all times
• Meet and greet clients and visitors in a professional manner and ensuring they are well looked after whilst in our office
• Working as part of dynamic front reception team, helping to maintain a high level of service to all clients
• Managing the booking of couriers for domestic and international deliveries
• Ensuring seamless communication is in place between the hospitality team and client services teams regarding any hospitality requirements or room bookings for all meetings and internal events
• Maintain a high level of understanding of the companies policies and procedures and applying them to everyday work
• Ensure that all visitors sign in and are issued with a visitors pass, keeping records up to date of all visitors in the building and any temporary passes assigned and returned or deactivated if not returned, liaising with the Reception Administrator
• Maintaining an open line of communication with the CRES (facilities) team and reporting any issues/updates as soon as known
• That you maintain a well presented appearance and that your uniform is well maintained
Office and Reception Area
• Ensure all reception areas are consistently maintained to a high standard, liaising with the cleaners when necessary
• Maintaining a clean and tidy reception desk at all times and on all floors
• Assisting the hospitality team in ensuring that all client meeting rooms on the 14th floor are reset after every meeting
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager
Skills and Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deliver high quality face-to-face contact with clients and visitors
• Maintain a professional manner when answering the telephones
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written English
• Good time management, with ability to prioritise and multi task
• Basic level of knowledge for all Microsoft Office suites
• Experience of working in the service industry desired
• Minimum GCSE Level
Additional Job Details
Worker Type: Permanent
Salary negotiable - £28,000 - £30,000
Long established and reputable local Bedford agency are looking for a Full time Letting Negotiator
The role will involve:
• Qualifying & managing new tenant enquiries via email and telephone and chasing up leads.
• Maintaining excellent relationships with tenants, discussing their requirements, and matching them to potential properties.
• Providing tenants with an exceptional service in helping them finding the right property & managing their expectations.
• Listing new properties to advertise the property for letting
• Carrying out property viewings.
• Managing the keys and your diary effectively.
• Providing landlords wit constructive feedback regarding their property.
• Ensuring that properties are let quickly while maintaining high standards at all times.
• Negotiating offers made between landlord and tenant.
• Managing tenant applications and referencing.
• Inform Utilities of the move in and all meter reads.
• Managing landlord expectations and always providing them with an excellent level of service.
• Carrying out ad hoc duties when required.
• Confidence & exceptional negotiation skills
• The ability to act quickly and think on your feet
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Organisation Skills & Experience in Administration
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Enthusiastic with a drive to succeed
• The ability to work alone while still maintaining team objectives
• Computer literate
• A clean and valid driver’s licence
• Car owner Salary D.O.E
Business Systems Developer
Bedford & City of London
Business Systems Developer
Providing development of solutions, ensuring the Operating Entity and industry standards are maintained to a high standard.
To work in sandbox environments using supplier provided scripting and templating languages to quickly and safely build solutions to meet business requirements. Designing creative and innovative solutions. Assisting with infrastructure management.
• Ensuring that the infrastructure is fit for purpose
• Liaising with IT and budget holders as appropriate
• Arranging and supporting penetration tests of the environments within your responsibility and liaising with relevant parties to ensure that remediation’s are implemented
• Coordinating server upgrades and replacements
• Advising on new infrastructure as/when required and overseeing implementation where necessary
• SSL certificate management
Software Solutions Architecture and Management
• Designing solutions to meet business requirements making best use of available toolsets and frameworks
• Liaising with suppliers to extend toolsets where this is beneficial
• Ensuring appropriately up to date/patched components are used
• Ensuring the team adhere to safe and efficient practices with the frameworks, advising/mentoring as required
• Develop and implement end to end solutions including back office trading systems, front end portals and internal web applications
• Produce and maintain product documentation in line with department and company guidelines
• Provide second and third line support on all relevant business applications
• Diagnose, test and resolve faults within all applications and software
• Manage and resolve live web portal issues coordinating with suppliers and business users where necessary
• Assist with business analysis and solution design
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with the team, business users and suppliers
• Attend project meetings, acting as a representative of the Business Systems function, as required
• Ensure activities and outcomes are communicated effectively to all interested parties
• Work collaboratively and maintain regular communication with peers across the Operating Entity and the wider Group to ensure consistency in approach and facilitate efficient operational workflow and enhanced sharing of knowledge and information
• Remain aware of industry developments and ensure practices and outputs are in line with best practice
• Achieve targets and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service to the business.
• Develop solutions in line with team, industry and department standards
• Ensure effective communication within the team and with key stakeholders
• Ensure prioritisation of business critical issues
• Ensure compliance with team and company guidance including change/release management and development best practices
• Interaction with the business and an understanding of their needs
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking, and reliable individual.
Your main tasks as Purchase Ledger Clerk will include:
High volume invoice processing
Raising purchase orders
Supplier statement reconciliation
Liaising with suppliers
Ad-hoc additional finance tasks
Summary of role:
To input all purchase invoices on a daily basis. Reconciling to Purchase Orders as necessary; process and apply payments to suppliers in orde to provide up-to-date and accurate information at all times. Deal with general queries from suppliers to ensure that good relations are maintained.
Minimum Requirements as the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
Proven interest of working with Account or previous Purchase Ledger Exp
Proven ability to process high volumes with high accuracy
Ability to work to deadlines
Provide evidence of accurate inputting
Competent IT user
Educated to a minimum of a GCSE Grade C above in Math and English