This is a selection of the current vacancies that we are handling for local companies.
We are continually working on new job vacancies in Bedford and surrounding areas therefore even if the jobs on this page are not of interest to you we would be happy to receive your CV. This will enable us to match your experience with new opportunities as they arise.
Project Manager - Hatfield/Reading
£45K-£60K per annum
Position: Project Manager
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Hatfield, Reading, South East
We are currently looking to recruit full time project managers in the Reading and South East areas to join our expanding company. Engineering knowledge is key as you will be required to spec up clients requirements, quote for works, produce fabrication drawings and write method statements and risk assessments.
We work in various sectors but predominantly within the water industry and specialise in providing the complete mechanical engineering service. We provide specialist and bespoke engineering solutions from conceptualisation and design through to fabrication and installation. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a strong work ethic, who enjoys their work and with the ability to consistently work to high standards.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills: Key Skills :
Engineering qualification ·
Experience of running projects ·
Experience within the water industry ·
Understanding of mechanical installations and fabrications ·
Proven track record of completing Risk assessments and Method statements ·
Ability to carry out site surveys and take site measurements ·
Ability to read drawings we will provide the successful candidate with an environment where personal and professional growth is encouraged.
The company has a proven track record in rewarding success. If you would like the opportunity join our dynamic team please send your CV and covering letter. All candidates must be eligible to work unrestricted in the UK
£45K-£60K Bonus Plus Car
Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage Assistant
The Food and Beverage Assistant is responsible for supporting the Food & Beverage Manager by ensuring that there is effective management on the floor, ensuring the team are fully trained in all aspects of the restaurant, café, and conference area and that each service runs smoothly.
You will be passionate about the guest experience and promote wellness and wellbeing at every opportunity. You will ensure the guest is provided with all nutritional information and that their dining experience is memorable and one they can’t wait to come back and enjoy again.
The ideal Assistant Food and Beverage Manager will have a proven track record of delivering a high level of service in a quality, fast-paced hotel/restaurant environment. We are seeking clear and concise communication skills, experience of managing costs, ability to recruit and motivate a team and create a strong teamwork ethic.
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company you will also have access to the following:
• Exceptional and comprehensive mental health support
• Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
• App technology for all our essential forms
• In house social media connecting our Family
• Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
• Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
• Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
• Complimentary Spa Day on completion of your probationary period
• 50% discount on all our products
• Great discounts on our partner products Elemis and Clarins
• Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
• Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
• Mental Health Awareness Days
• Merlin Entertainments Attraction
• Introduce a friend incentive
• Long Service celebrations
• Free parking
• Professional Uniform
1st/2nd Line Support Technician
• Strong ‘hands on’ technical capabilities
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
• Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities
• Proactive and able to identify opportunities to refine and improve processes/service
• Self-starting, analytical, results and solutions-driven
• Ability to be calm and focused when under pressure
• Full/Clean UK Driving Licence
• Flexible approach to working hours
• GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A*-C including English or Math
Dimensions of the role
• Updating Service desk incidents resolving where possible, escalate with updates where necessary
• Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
• Proactively help resolve tickets where required
• To participate as a project resource as and when required
• Self-manage calendar for daily tasks according to impact and urgency
• Act as 1st and 2nd line support for external and internal users
• Research resolutions of 1st and 2nd line incidents
• Recording all incidents with full documentation
• Liaise between customer and Service desk, providing updates to incidents as and when required
• Liaise as necessary between third party support contractors and customer
• Self-learning and development of new hardware and software products
Team Leader/Driver - Part-time
Job description- Charity work - 30 Hours per week Mon-Fri
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food Team Leader
• Manage the end-to-end Food redistribution operation to the public, covering all aspects of the delivery
chain (strategy, sourcing, stock control, redistribution, and logistics)
• Liaise with other food charities leveraging ways to work together and cohesively across the county
• Manage food assistants and volunteers, assigning and tracking daily activities in-line with requirements
• Oversee day to day operations of the food larder
• Actively source and build relationships with new suppliers to ensure a constant supply of Food.
• Promote Food through networking with local organisations and develop social media campaigns
• Ensure all staff and volunteers are trained adequately and provided with adequate mentoring
• Collate data on Food operations and complete analysis to see overall statistics
• Work alongside other homelessness and food aid charities to redistribute surplus stock
• Develop system to deliver food packages to house bound clients as required
• Effectively be able to signpost clients, where possible, to other agencies where they may find some benefit
• Maintain a database of clients and issue regular updates to clients
• Management of stock and stock rotation within Food, keeping abreast of stock coming in and stock going
• Create and manage SOPs relating to health and safety, also updating the FSMS (Food Safety Management
System) where necessary.
• Oversee funding/grants that are received for Food, taking autonomy on expenditure and tracking
Audio Visual Engineer
Primary Objective of the role of Audio Visual Engineer
As an Audio Visual Engineer you will be an integral part in contributing towards The Companies ongoing success and prised reputation. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audio Visual Engineer looking for a new challenge, who can demonstrate their skills within a forward thinking and diverse organisation.
As part of a team you will contribute to the success of ensuring projects run smoothly from start to finish; and are completed on schedule, within budget, and to customer satisfaction.
You should be a team player with strong communication skills and an eagerness to learn new skills. A passion for delivering a first-class service to our clients and customers is a key element for success in this role.
Qualifications & Skills
• Proven Experience as an Audio Visual Engineer or equivalent
• Possess sound knowledge of Electronics, CCTV and Audio Visual Systems
• Good communication skills
• Self-Motivation, along with the ability to work as part of a team
• Organised with good attention to detail
• The ability to take instructions and the desire to learn new skills
• Proficient in computer applications
• Flexible working attitude
• Willingness to travel
• Full/Clean UK Driving Licence
• GCSE Grade A* to C or equivalent
• DBS Checked (Enhanced Disclosure)
• ECS/CSCS Card or equivalent
• IPAF Licence
• PASMA Licence
Dimensions of the role
• To carry out a range of audio visual works in a variety of environments within a team
• Installation of audio visual systems in terms of their electronics, mechanics’ and optics
• Commissioning, servicing and maintenance
• To become conversant with all aspects of audio visual installation works; and achieve and maintain any
Description of the role
• Liaison with Senior/Project Engineer on site to ensure instructions are understood and adhered to.
• Assist in all aspects of audio visual works, including installation, commissioning, servicing and
• Carry out associated multi-trade duties.
• Become familiar with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
• To effectively communicate and update the team with progress.
• To take instructions and ensure accurate and timely completion of all tasks.
• Working as part of a team to ensure that project objectives are met and in accordance with
customer/company timeframes, quality and compliance.
• To carry out all works in a competent manner.
• To act at all times in accordance with on-site Health and Safety and Quality Control compliance.
• To present yourself in a neat and tidy manner and promote the business positively
• To attend meetings and training sessions as required
• Achieve any necessary Qualifications
• To act at all times in accordance with the company’s rules, policies and procedures
• Responsibility for any company equipment which may include but is not limited to; personal issue items,
shared plant items, company vehicles and ‘hired in’ equipment
• To wear company attire including staff uniform and all appropriate PPE
• Ad hoc duties as appropriate to the role and the business requirements
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum
The position requires the following:
- Assembly and installation of heat storage range cookers at customer
- Fuel conversion of existing heat storage range cookers to at customer
- Workshop based assembly of eControl kits for shipping to distributor
The attached installation manual gives details on our conversion system
and installation procedure including general assembly drawings.
We are also launching our own heat storage range cooker this year.
- Normal Working Hours if workshop based are 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Normal working hours if field based will depend upon location
- Working hours if field based will vary according to job, it is
expected that engineer will arrive on site
between 8am - 8.30am on installation days. This dictates that on
non-local installations the van is collected
from company premises at 6am or earlier where required.
- The position is offered on a salaried basis Monday to Friday, weekend
work is not expected. It may be possible to work the 40 hrs over 4 days.