This is a selection of the current vacancies that we are handling for local companies.
We are continually working on new job vacancies in Bedford and surrounding areas therefore even if the jobs on this page are not of interest to you we would be happy to receive your CV. This will enable us to match your experience with new opportunities as they arise.
Electrical / Mechanical Engineer
£30,000 per annum
Reputable and long-established engineering firm in Bedford
The Company are looking for Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
• Wiring of Electrical Cabinets for design drawings
• Use of crimpers cutters etc, idents and electrical meters
• Factory acceptance testing.
• Plumbing pipe work
• Machining metal – cutting holes, drilling, tapping, mag drilling and hand drills.
• Cutting Metal – plasma cutter/angle grinder /band saw
Skills to be taught:-
• Welding - Mig tig.
• Design – Auto-cad to design mechanical items and electrical items.
• Travel overseas for commissioning and maintenance.
Salary – I.R.O £30k
Would also consider a trainee or apprentice so applications welcomed
Senior Security Technician
£34,000 - £36,000
This exciting role could also suit a technician who wants to step up and take on some additional responsibilities.
Requirements of the roles:-
• Service and small installation works within a 30 mile radius of Bedford.
• Travel is paid over and above 30 minutes each way
• Work is Commercial and educational
• Hours 8.30 – 5.00 Monday to Friday (we don’t generally do any overtime to maintain a healthy work life balance)
• Experience of Intruder, CCTV and Access control is essential however additional product training can be provided.
• Knowledge of fire system is an advantage but not essential
• An individual ongoing personal development plan
• All work is sent to phone so no need to attend the office daily
• Van, power tools, mobile phone, fuel card, trade card all provided
• Technician will be expected to go onto callout rota which will 1 in 4 ( we do have a very low volume of callouts )
• Direct report to security manager and will be working closely with operations.
• 23 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
Location: Marston Moretaine
Salary: 34K to 36K start
£24,000-£27,000 per annum
PDI Engineer – For Birmingham & Hemel - £24K - £27K
We are recruiting for the Birmingham and Hemel depot, looking for a mechanically minded individual to conduct PDI’s (Pre Delivery Inspections), handover’s and check ins of our specialist truck mounted powered access vehicles. Are you reliable, enthusiastic and looking to join a company that can offer you career prospects?
- Pre Delivery Inspections
- Handover machines to customers including demonstrations
- Check in machines when returned to the depot
- Anything else reasonably required within your skillset
£25,000 Per Annun
As the Soft Services Manager you will be responsible for delivering a first class, proactive and innovative service to achieve customer success. You will establish and provide leadership within the FM department (Cleaning & Security) offering professional guidance and direction, developing effective communication strategies.
• To manage the delivery of the contracts in line with company policies and procedures
• Manage all aspects of the CYS department including, training, H & S, development and welfare at work
• Ensure all licenses and vetting for security teams are in place and updated accordingly
• Build and maintain a team that has the skills and diversity to deliver their tasks ensuring that they have the tools to do the job
• Complete budget forecasts and manage all costs tracking expenditure to meet budgets
• Ensure high standards are achieved at all times, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and best practice are continually delivered
• Manage recruitment, induction training, developing and retraining of staff, to include customer service training
• Ensure adequate quality performance measures (KPI’s/SLA’s) are adhered to and any non-compliance is resolved in a professional manner with clear plans and next steps visible to all
• Conduct quality audits to ensure service delivery adheres to the requirements of ISO9001 and that outcome achieves / exceeds client requirements
• To plan any training required as soon as is practicable on identification of any needs and plot onto a training matrix
• Undertake “Out of Hours” site visits
• Prioritise all incidents ensuring all key personnel are kept fully informed at all times
• Ensure strict compliance to the Data Protection Act and associated regulations
• Manage the incident and accident reporting procedures
• Ensure all assignment instructions and risk assessments are updated
• Complete all company paperwork as required
• Conduct return to work interviews and perform absence management processes as required
• Ensure all team members carry out their duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with the cleaning specification and to BICS standards
• Support the client’s environmental objectives
• Manage maintenance activities and the correct/safe usage of all equipment on site ensuring any faults are reported and resolved as a matter of priority, keeping the clients informed at all times
• Correct usage of cleaning chemicals in line with COSHH regulations, ensuring minimal waste and sufficient stocks are always maintained in conjunction with the client.
• Ensure all team members are familiar with and adhere to the company’s & client’s onsite health and safety policies and procedures
£10.53 Per Hour
• Salary: £22,500
• Shift Pattern: 4 days on 4 days off
We’re looking for a motivated and highly organised Delivery and Collections Administrator. The company will become one of the leading volume buyers of used car stock in the UK. This role is therefore pivotal in guaranteeing that our Delivery and Collection Specialists and Team Leaders are supported in all aspects of their days.
Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
The role needs someone with the right mindset and cultural fit to become part of a fast paced, data-driven business that will transform automotive retailing in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensure that the companies purchased vehicles have arrived and as per the agreed SLA.
• Ensure that all required vehicle documentation, reports, and loose items are present and appropriately managed.
• Ensure that all necessary vehicle documents and loose items are distributed in a timely manner.
• Update and query all relevant data systems, as required.
• Support Customer Service with any customer queries related to the administrative aspect of our vehicles.
• Work collaboratively to develop the administration process to ensure all process handovers are efficient and effective.
• Full compliance with the supply partners health and safety policies, advising management where others are not complying.
• Dealing with on the day queries from Delivery and Collection Specialists and liaising directly with Customer Services.
• Create and collate reports as required to support the process and identify performance against KPI/SLA.
• Conduct all other tasks reasonably requested to ensure the smooth running of the administration process
Key skills required:
• Disciplined, organised, process driven and collaborative.
• Previous experience in Automotive Administration.
• Able to communicate effectively.
• Ability to liaise closely with external partners and suppliers.
• Microsoft Office/Google Suite experience.
• Experience of data entry and data retrieval from back office data systems (specific system training will be given).
• Fast paced mindset.
• Willingness to travel (Full driving licence required).
• We pride ourselves on obsessing about the end consumer of our cars and it is critical this is a core part of your DNA.
Along with a competitive salary we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). We are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Warehouse Operative/ Packer
£9:50 Per Hour
This is a temporary role, but there is the opportunity for the right candidate to become a permanent part of the team.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 am- 4:00 pm
Hourly rate: £9:50
Picking and packing Potatoes, onions, Garlic & carrots. You will be working in a nice clean environment overalls and boots provided. Staff Canteen with vending machines with lunch at subsidised prices, free hot drinks vending machine, with Free Wi-Fi also a large television. With Free on-site parking and daily sales of large bagged vegetables to all staff.
• Team player
• Highly organised
• Work well under pressure
• Warehouse experience
Transport Manager for a local Bedford area depot
• Responsibility for the Health and Safety and the duty of care for yourself, colleagues, contractors, public and volunteers to deliver a safe working environment
• Adhere to current H&S legislation and the H&S policy
BUSINESS CHANGE PROCESS
• Play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to the Business Change Process (BCP)
• Monitor progress with effective and prompt communication when non adherence is seen
• Prevent further activity until approval is granted
DEVELOP AND DRIVE CHANGE
• Lead by example ensuring you and your team behaviours deliver a program of continuous improvement
• Aid and assist colleagues to work together as a single team with an understanding of where cultural differences exist
• Develop and drive a culture of consistent ‘audit readiness’ (way of life)
• Deliver an environment where customer, internal and external, requirements are delivered 24/7
DAY TO DAY
• Planning and reviewing delivery routes to maximise vehicle utilisation and fuel efficiency.
• Book in deliveries with customers in a timely manner to ensure route will run efficiently.
• Manage drivers in the sections relevant to your areas of responsibility, control their working hours in order to ensure compliance with all legal requirements whilst minimising the cost of wages and keeping agency requirements to a minimum.
• Book agency drivers as and when required. Check agency time sheets when required before passing to Transport Manager to authorise payment.
• Raise POs when required for third party hauliers to ensure they match the work they have undertaken.
• Deal with complaints from customers and members of the public, and resolve as soon as possible, informing Transport Manager as and when necessary.
• Liaise with all members of staff to ensure the accuracy of information provided.
• Entering information onto the computer system ensuring KPI data is correct.
• Promptly answering the telephone, assisting the caller where possible,
• Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
• Assist other departments as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business which may include organising special deliveries as and when required.
• Actively engage customers in obtaining return of dolavs, trays and pallets to ensure site has sufficient for day to day operation.
• Ability to make decisions quickly, have a flexible and logical attitude to problems, i.e. erratic volumes, vehicle breakdowns and delays.
• Manage defects effectively liaising with service suppliers to ensure prompt repair and vehicle downtime. Assist where possible in getting vehicles dropped off/collected from service provider.
• Ensure all vehicles are inspected and maintained as per the company requirements and in accordance with the goods vehicle operator’s license. Ensure all vehicle paperwork is kept up to date in the files if required to do so..
• Ensuring all paperwork and loads are ready in advance for the driver to commence their daily workload. Where loads may be delayed inform driver well in advance to enable the driver to manage their hours.
• Be able to deal with drivers regarding any infringements that they incur and monitoring to ensure no reoccurrence.
• Assist in carrying out disciplinaries and accident investigations if requested to do so..
Maintenance Mechanic - Part Time
£12-£15 an hour
Hours: 2 days per week, 8 hours per day (may be scaled up to 3 days per week in a few months)
We are looking for a new team mate to take over from our current engineer who is retiring.
The job involves:
• Repairing buggies under warranty
• Providing service / cleaning for our buggies
• Identifying faults and coming up with engineering solutions to manufacturing errors
• Generally helping out in the warehouse as / when required
We are looking for someone who is practical and technically minded, and are open to all backgrounds, experiences and ages.
Great flexible role which will expand as this business is growing rapidly
Get in touch with a member of the BSS team for more details
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Depot Controller assistant to the Regional/Depot Manager
• To complete hire documentation on customer collection and returns
• Ensure all trucks are PDI checked and ready for the customer in a timely fashion.
• Complete off hire damage checks and reports
• Following up on customer enquiries by telephone and internet
• Maintain a good level of contact with your customer base - follow up first hires and leads assigned to you
• Complete daily depot checks, fire alarm tests and fire logs for the depot
• Ensure workshop is updated and trucks are prepared on time, liaise regarding breakdowns and organise repairs during working hours.
• Open/close depot in the absence of the manager. Ensure all safety checks completed and premises are secure/alarms set.
• Manage petty cash and submit monthly to accounts team.
• Order fuel and stationary for the depot.
• Compliance with company HSEQ standards
• Willingness to carry out any additional work, challenges and responsibilities relevant to the role
Workshop Duties (very occasional) – If required
• Carry out equipment pre delivery inspections
• Checking of vehicle functions and lubricant levels
• Cleaning and preparation of vehicles before hire
• Carry out handover/familiarisation at the start of hire
• Move truck in and out of the depot
1. A proven track record in a service industry/rental environment in a customer facing role
2. Full UK driving license
3. Customer focused proactive character
4. Good level of IT literacy is a must
5. High levels of enthusiasm, self-motivation and a self-managing ‘can do’ attitude
6. Commitment to high quality service provision
7. Collaborative and supportive attitude in a team
8. Effective team leader and team player
9. Proven ability to build strong and lasting relationships with external organisations and the ability to influence and negotiate with them to achieve positive outcomes
10. Excellent coordination and organisational skills
11. Ability to motivate team members
12. Working knowledge of using IT: the Microsoft Office Suite
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum
The position requires the following:
- Assembly and installation of heat storage range cookers at customer
- Fuel conversion of existing heat storage range cookers to at customer
- Workshop based assembly of eControl kits for shipping to distributor
The attached installation manual gives details on our conversion system
and installation procedure including general assembly drawings.
We are also launching our own heat storage range cooker this year.
- Normal Working Hours if workshop based are 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Normal working hours if field based will depend upon location
- Working hours if field based will vary according to job, it is
expected that engineer will arrive on site
between 8am - 8.30am on installation days. This dictates that on
non-local installations the van is collected
from company premises at 6am or earlier where required.
- The position is offered on a salaried basis Monday to Friday, weekend
work is not expected. It may be possible to work the 40 hrs over 4 days.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Manager, you will be required to manage the throughput of work identified as your projects, you will liaise with all other areas of the business to ensure that all work is carried out to the client’s expectations and is compliant with customer specifications and industry standards. You will support other departments in expediting the jobs through the company taking responsibility for delivery to the client. The following are key functions of the role but not limited to
• Project Mange jobs through the business
• Evaluate with the Project management team the priority and response to enquiries received into the business.
• Liaise with Clients to carry out site surveys where appropriate
• Provide complete tenders (Budget price, lead-times, agreed specification)
• Ensure jobs are kept on Budget and compliant to specification. Ensure stock is available or instruct procurement request for required items, produce necessary specification/delivery and other relevant items.
• Liaise with clients to expedite jobs in accordance with client expectations
• Liaise with client to advise of any changes to technical specifications and / or delivery times.
• Ensure all RAMS are provided and understood to the site teams prior to carrying out work
• Review financial position on jobs and any cost recovery and cost control of projects.
• Provide support to your team as required
• Liaise with the Operations team to expedite the job
• Provide a quality plan if one is required
• Provide client feedback on all activity
• Report monthly at the management meetings all relevant activity for your area