General Insurance Vacancies
This is a selection of the current vacancies that we are handling for local companies.
We are continually working on new job vacancies in Bedford and surrounding areas therefore even if the jobs on this page are not of interest to you we would be happy to receive your CV. This will enable us to match your experience with new opportunities as they arise.
£25K - 45K Plus Commission
Are you a driven salesperson or currenlty and Insurance Consultant with a proven track record of exceeding targets?
Do you have Business-to-Business sales experience?
If so, have you ever considered becoming an insurance broker?
Due to rapid growth, this progressive client is looking for numerous sales executives to add to their dynamic and vibrant sales floor.
This client, a Top 100 UK Independent broker specialising in the commercial insurance industry, has a refreshingly positive and enthusiastic perspective on how to win and retain business and offers a lively working environment to match. You will be based in Bedford and support will be provided throughout your journey within the business.
With an energetic working environment and uncapped earnings, a strong sales person will absolutely thrive within the business. Given the ambitious yet realistic expansion plans, longer-term progression opportunities may also be available to the right candidate. The client will also pay for your education to become Cert CII qualified and bonuses are paid on completion.
- Working on warm sales leads generated by a closely-linked telemarketing team
- Selling market-leading insurance products to prospective clients
- Retaining repeat business at times through excellent service standards
Essential personal skills:
- Proven track record in exceeding sales targets
- Driven and hungry approach toward sales
- Enthusiastic persona with the desire to succeed
- 8% on all business landed
Commercial Handler - Insurance Broker
£25K Plus Commission
Working with a reputable and long established Insurance Broker
Please contact us to discuss this role in more detail
To provide a comprehensive Commercial Insurance service to existing and potential new customers.
To develop an initial and ongoing knowledge and understanding of customer requirements, and ensure these are met at all times.
Maintain good relationships with Underwriters to ensure customers insurance requirements are met at favourable terms.
Handle Personal Insurance requirements of connected Commercial clients with the assistance of a Personal Lines member of staff.
Maximise further business opportunities.
To promote and maintain a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction.
To ensure customers’ credit is within agreed Company limits at all times, and assist Accounts Department with securing payment of invoices outstanding beyond normal terms and periods of payment.
Monitor performance against objectives, forecasts, plans, target and budgets and provide regular feedback to the Managing Director in this respect
To provide leadership and manage, motivate and control the Commercial Administration area.
Develop good communications with all other areas of the business.
Provide risk advice/risk management/risk prevention information on both Commercial Motor and Non-Motor risks to customers, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate. Contribute towards the development of a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction.
Assist, when required, with the Accounts function of the business in carrying out credit control with relevant customers. Attend training sessions to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management and the general public.
Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant Health and Safety Procedure.
£50,000 per annum
• Reviews and produces submissions in conjunction with the account handlers/executives, to ensure that
information presented to the market is comprehensive and accurate
• Collates and communicates client requirements to ensure appropriate marketing of the risk
• Assists with negotiations with underwriters
• Responds to market and third party queries as appropriate
• Develops strong relationships with markets and clients
• Produces high quality and compliant market documentation ensuring appropriate authorisations are
• Plans the most appropriate solution for the client’s demands and needs
• Liaises with support technicians
• Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company system
• Knows when to seek guidance from senior members of the team
Policy, Process and Procedures:
• Follows agreed processes and obtains appropriate approvals to ensure compliance with company policy
and regulatory requirements
• Works within agreed parameters and uses relevant systems to ensure documentation /communications
adhere to company procedure / compliance requirements
• Maintains appropriate client files, and oversees the prompt and accurate production of documentation
to best meet client, company and regulatory requirements
£18.5K - £20 per annum
Achieve Results through Relationships with All Parties
Deliver a personal performance that contributes towards the Company achieving its objectives,
Achieve lasting relationships with all parties (clients, markets, suppliers, third parties and other staff)
Conduct and Integrity
Ensure all dealings are carried out with integrity and professionalism
Act in utmost good faith, per the relevant Company and/or Group policies and never risk the Company’s reputation
Development and Professionalism
Continuously develop skills and knowledge
Develop others where you are responsible for their performance
Develop strong relationships with the Divisional teams
Respond to the teams’ requirements as appropriate
Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
Develop strong relationships with markets
Maintain any ongoing delegated authority contracts appropriately and cost-effectively
Assist in the creation of comprehensive broking, client and other types of documents
Processing of slips, quotes and indications
Technical duties (including data entry, credit control, chasing subjectivities)
Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems for the teams
Ensure compliance with all applicable Company and/or Group policies and procedures
Ensure correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the Company and /or Group policies and procedures
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
Ensure that own performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Company and/or Group’s requirements
Maintain accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
Ensure compliance with Anti Bribery and Corruption policy and procedures
Manage assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
Respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the teams within each division
Share information that could be beneficial to the Company
Skills and abilities needed to perform the role
Attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate documentation
Ability to work effectively within a team and answer queries from less experienced members of staff
Prioritisation and organisational skills
Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the industry regulator
Willingness to study for professional examinations
Knowledge and Experience
Experience in a similar role is essential.
Good technical knowledge of FCA regulations as they pertain to insurance intermediaries
Excellent understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market
GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths essential
A level grade A-C (or equivalent)
Progression towards gaining professional qualifications is desired, but not essential
Salary: £18.5K - £20K
Insurance Admin/Sales Support/Graduate
£18-£30,000 Per annun
We are delighted to be part of the elite group of “Top 100 Independent Brokers in the UK” as a result of recurring feedback from our staff across numerous anonymous Best Companies surveys. Our investment in the development of our people is further evidenced by our commitment to professional Cert CII qualifications for all of our client facing staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ideal role for graduates or those looking for swift progress with learning opportunities.
- Submit client insurance risk information to insurers for quotations to be issued to clients (online portal
or direct submissions).
- Competently use the company CRM system to ensure all records are accurately maintained.
- Create risk presentations.
- Complete sub-contractor questionnaires for clients.
- Fleet adjustments
- Process mid-term adjustments for all policy types, and invoice accordingly.
- Work closely with account handlers and insurers, building strong relationships across all departments.
- Obtain Cert CII qualification.
ROLE PROFILE: Claims Technician
The successful applicant will administer claims (under direct supervision during their probationary period), providing technical and administrative support to other team members, in accordance with the relevant Company and/or Group policies to achieve targets, develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service. They will work closely with more senior colleagues to develop their knowledge and understanding of claims processes.
• Under the direction of line manager, identifies priorities and undertakes work activities to achieve of personal and team objectives.
• Manages assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
• Provides relevant management information to senior management
• Under direction from senior team members provides high quality and efficient administrative support to enable claims activities to be completed efficiently.
• Reviews (and acknowledges) new claims from clients and, under supervision, notifies underwriters and clients of underwriters’ responses
• Ensures relevant documentation is at hand to enable appropriate responses to queries.
• Sets up new notifications/claims on relevant systems ensuring information is accurate and enables effective processing and tracking etc.
• Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Group systems
• Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures
• Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the division/department
Policy, Process and Procedures:
• Works within agreed parameters and uses relevant systems to ensure documentation/communications adhere to company procedure and compliance requirements.
• Follows agreed processes and obtains appropriate approvals to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
• Undertakes prompt and accurate processing of collections, fee payments and other relevant data and information on company systems in order to support high levels of client service and enable completion of internal processes
Environment, Customer Focus and Relationships:
• Ensures the highest levels of service are provided to own team, to clients and to wider business to efficiently support business activities.
• Maintains close links with internal stakeholders, working with other teams to share information; identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
• Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
• Shares information that could be beneficial to the Operating Entity/Group
• Actively undertakes personal development to ensure up to date knowledge and understanding of best practice
• Supports others in the team where appropriate, to assist in the achievement of their objectives.
• Remain aware of external, industry, legal and regulatory developments etc to ensure practice and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard
• Keeps informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Operating Entity/Group
• May have some previous experience of working in an office environment and be looking to start a career within insurance. This is a training role so no previous experience of insurance is required.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have some knowledge of insurance
• Preference will be given to A level standard of education (A-C or equivalent)
• Progression towards gaining professional qualifications is desired, but not essential
Additional Job Details